Whether you're female or not, we can all #PressForProgress this International Women's Day…
This year's International Women's Day theme is #PressForProgress, encouraging everyone – regardless of gender – to work together and strive towards parity across the sexes.
So how can you help change the world on March 8th and moving forward? Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
1. Shop from female-owned brands: Girls run the world, so they can certainly run their own companies. Support female-owned businesses and treat yourself in the process.
2. Call out inappropriate behaviour: Whether it's bullying, harassment or the use of sexist language, don't just sit back and watch it happen.
3. Celebrate female role models: It doesn't matter if it's Oprah or your mum, just make sure they know you appreciate them, and that they're awesome.
4. Be inclusive: Never assume that women won't want to get involved in an activity. If you're inviting the lads, invite the ladies, too.
5. Question others who make assumptions about women: You might be fully versed in gender equality, but if those around you are still being ignorant, educate them.
6. Encourage women: A little support can go a long way to helping your friends achieve their goals.
7. See women as leaders: And nominate them (or put yourself forward for) leadership roles at school or in the workplace.
8. Use the hashtag #PressForProgress: It may not seem like much, but you'll be adding to the visibility of the International Women's Day campaign, and that can only be a good thing.
9. Read up on equality movements: The more educated you are on movements like #TimesUp, the more you'll be able to contribute to the conversation.
10. Host a dinner: It's your party and you can lead a conversation on gender parity if you want to.