MTV BIG PASS CONTEST STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the "Terms
"). Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood the Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
2. This Contest is held by the Organizer. Entrants may enter the Contest in accordance with the mechanics as set out in the Contest Details above. There is no fee to enter the Contest. However internet access charges or other third party connectivity charges may apply. Please check with the internet service provider for current internet access charges, if any. In entering this Contest, all entrants are deemed to have the permission of the person paying such third party charges.
3. The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated in the Contest Details.
4. The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees (including their immediate families) of Organizer and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) does not contravene any local laws or
regulations. This Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law. "Immediate family
" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. ONLY PARTICIPANTS AGED 18 AND ABOVE WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF INDONESIA, MALAYSIA AND SINGAPORE MAY PARTICIPATE.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to impose any additional requirements as may be required to comply with local laws and regulations.
7. All personal details submitted must be accurate and complete and are subject to proof upon request by the Organizer. The Organizer reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entry not submitted in accordance with the Terms or which tampers with the entry process.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or incorrect entries or any entry which violates the Terms will automatically be disqualified. Entries received after the Closing Date will be disqualified.
9. The Organizer will not accept any responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. The Organizer shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Contest.
10. The Organizer's decision in the selection of Winners is final and no correspondence will be entertained. Winners will be notified via email or telephone (as provided by the entrant in his/her submission), confirming their Prize and providing details on how to acknowledge and collect the Prize. In the event that the Organizer cannot for any reason obtain the Winner's acknowledgement within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organizer reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at its sole discretion.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where the Organizer has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of the Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
12. The Organizer reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
13. Where the Prize consists of any overseas travel: (a) the Winner(s) and travel companion(s) (where applicable) must possess valid travel documentation and visa prior to departure, failing which the entire Prize will be forfeited.
14. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organizer's control, the Organizer is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organizer reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organizer's sole discretion. A Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the Organizer. More details on the collection of the Prize will be given to the respective Winner(s) at a later stage.
15. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Winner's part (including Winner's companion's part, as the case may be), to allow the use of the Winner's (and Winner's companion's) entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organizer for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
16. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Organizer by each Winner (and/or their companions) from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner (and/or their companions) may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
17. The Organizer shall not be held liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the Winners under the Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer, its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents, suppliers of the Prize(s), including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or (ii) from any loss, damage to property, injury, or death resulting from or related to entrant's participation or inability to participate in this Contest, or the use, misuse or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof, provided, however, that nothing in the Terms shall limit the Organizer's liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence, deceit or fraud.
18. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of the Terms.
19. By participating in this Contest, Winners confirm that they give their consent to the Organizer, its affiliates and authorized agents (including media and advertising agencies, social media websites and third party IT services providers contracted by the Organizer) to collect, transmit, process and use the Winner's personal data (eg: name, IC number, address, phone number, photographs, images, video) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
21. No waiver of any rights by the Organizer or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Organizer waives their right to object to a particular breach of the Terms and conditions by one entrant, it does not prevent the Organizer from objecting to any other breaches by that entrant or any other entrant
22. The Terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, save for the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act. (Cap. 53B) which is expressly excluded from application.
23. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and any advertising, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, the Terms shall prevail. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Contest Details, the Contest Details shall prevail.
24. The Organizer reserves the right to terminate the Contest or to modify the Contest rules and Terms prior to the Closing Date by amending the rules and Terms hereof at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via the Contest Site, and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organizer.
25. Any queries regarding the Contest should specify the name of the Contest and be addressed to email@example.com