Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Channel, Channel 5 in the UK, VH1, VIVA, COLORS, Spike and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.4 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented individual to fill the following vacancy
Content Writer and Curator, Digital Media
(Singapore, 2-year contract) Responsibilities:
- Write original content for the MTV Asia website and social media platforms.
- Co-manage all website content, including articles, artist interviews, charts, gigs, show episodes and clips.
- Develop and execute editorial and social media strategies to boost web traffic and social media reach.
- Work closely with the digital graphic designer for visual assets.
- Oversee the digital content library (shows, music videos, etc.), and its rights & clearances.
- Execute digital marketing strategies and brand campaigns with key stakeholders across on-air content, branding, communications and marketing teams.
- Refer to digital traffic reports to improve digital content strategy. Use available data to inform content and rollout plans.
- Diploma or degree from a recognized polytechnic or university, preferably in media, journalism, communications, new media marketing or related.
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing and/or producing digital content.
- Strong writing skills with ability to create content using multiple sources, for a variety of platforms.
- Passion for music, and youth/pop culture, with a good grasp of the genre.
- In-depth knowledge of major social media networks.
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- General media knowledge with basic graphics skills (Photoshop) and understanding of simple HTML.
- Experience using web publishing tools and content management systems and platforms.
- Basic video production experience (Premiere Pro) is a plus
Interested applicants should email their CV and links to 2-3 samples of their published work to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject: "Application for the post of Content Writer and Curator, Digital Media".